Skip to main content
Live Wind Turbine Data Sites
Data & Reports
Wind Energy Associations
Recommended Associations by Country:
Wind Energy Associations by Country:
Orgs & Industry Links
Wind Energy Opposition Groups
Online Curricular Materials
- Boston Museum of Science | Catching the Wind - Designing Windmills : Great curriculum and activities related to the engineering and construction of windmills. Designed for elementary teachers to teach about engineering.
- Educators for the Environment | Energy for Keeps - Broad and easy to read. A great addition to any teacher’s library or student’s research. It is mostly an informative document with a few scattered activities.
- KEEP Activity Guide - Distributed by the Wisconsin K -12 Energy Education Project. This contains 44 hands-on, interdisciplinary lessons that are aligned with Wisconsin’s academic standards and make energy relevant to students’ lives. There are four themes: We Need Energy, Developing Energy Resources, Effects of Energy Resource Development, and Managing Energy Resource Use.
- Teachers Guide to Windpower Projects | Ann MacGarry - This is one of the finest guides for building classroom windmills and turbines. We highly recommend this document for middle and high school students.
- Energy Science in the Home : Activity Guide | Michael Celaya & Patrick Keegan - This broad, well-developed activity guide teaches about energy efficiency and electricity. It has a long list of activities appropriate for middle and high school science students.
- Science Projects in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency - This guide offers a wide variety of ideas for science fair projects on renewable energy. While there are some innovative ideas in this document, some of the information is a little dated.
- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative - These free CDs contain detailed wind speed data from the entire state of Massachusetts. Teachers can use this data during the workshop to create lessons for their independent projects. Available online from the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative.
- UC Boulder Science Explorers - Science Explorers is a unique professional development program for teachers offering day-long, activity-based science workshops to teams composed of a teacher and five students.
- Department of Energy Lesson Plans - Huge list of links for energy lessons and materials
- EconEdLink | 9-12 - Curriculum involves understanding how a turbine works along with environmental, political and economic issues surrounding wind turbine projects
- From Windmills to Whirlgigs - Fun ideas and projects for the classroom having to do with wind
- GE Wind - Materials for elementary students
- Idaho National Laboratory - Wind Energy for Educators : Tons of curricular material for all ages
- National Energy Education Development (NEED) - Comprehensive energy education site with lessons and materials on many energy topics
- Office for Mathmatics, Science, and Technology Education - Great curriculum guide for wind energy
- Student WebQuest - Offshore Wind Energy Lesson Plan
- The Power Grid - Interactive Power Grid Lesson Plan
- Texas Energy Office
- Wisconsin K12 Energy Education Project
News & Projects
Educational/Homebrew Turbine Ideas
Other Cool Links